1.13.2011

New goal!

I have finished my Masters.  Now I need a new professional goal to work on.  Many ideas are floating around: second Masters in Leadership (not my cup of tea), National Board Certification (sounds like more schooling and I'm burned out), or...  wait for it...  yes, I am this nuts...  might need to take an extended leave to start think straight... write a book. 

Now don't get me all wrong here.  I don't think I have any great wisdom to pass along to others as I know I have so much to learn yet and soak up all I can.  I don't think I am an amazing writer as I am surrounded by so many talented authors that just amaze me.  I simply want to write. 

So now I must find something to write about that others would actually want to read.  My amazing colleague, Cary Roller, and I have been working on a year-long, project-based, community-in-action project (for a lack of a better word): IT ONLY TAKES ONE.  We have started bouncing around the idea of writing about our experiences together with this project...something that would be both informative and reflective:
 
A Year of Project Based Learning in 1st Grade
(Let’s roll some snowballs)

Any thoughts (Other than, "The title is no good.")????

3 comments:

  1. I believe that you can do anything that set your mind to. I know that you love to write . . . I remember many, many things you have written over the years. You have the gift of gab (or similar words!)

    You and Cary are ust an awesome team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. panddl@msn.com says;
    Go for it!I KNOW it will be interesting reading!Here's a title for you....
    "A collection of facts (?) I never should have learned from my Grandpa"
    Nahh..maybe not....
    Should be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be honored to collaborate on a book with you. We are on quite a journey together and considering your way with words, the book promises to be an interesting read!!!

    ReplyDelete