10.29.2010

Ghosts and Goblins, oh my!

Happy Halloween!  Today I am reminded of a fun book a colleague gave me a few years back, This is the Teacher about a teacher who is ready for school to begin.  However, by the end of the day, with all of the mishaps and adventures, the teacher is... all ready for bed.  I would like to recommend that the author write a sequel about the same teacher on Halloween.  Oh the sugar, sweets, excitement, and adventures that ensue in any classroom on Halloween. 

Please note, this is in no way a complaint, as I myself get just as giddy as the students.  Gooey treats, spooky art projects, learning disguised as halloween games...  I love watching their faces and hearing their excitement as they make pumpkins using 2-D shapes, mix a pumpkin snack by following 2 step directions, read and sing a pumpkin song that has wow words, and so on.

This is the first time I can recall students wearing costumes to school.  It went quite smooth.  We had a parade through the first grade wing to show off our spook-tacular disguises.  Pictures will be posted soon.

Yummy snack idea: Mix together pumpkin pie filling and whipped cream. Place a dallop of mixture on a graham craker.  Freeze for 1 hour.  Mmmm...kid (and teacher) approved.  (Source unknown.)

No comments:

Post a Comment